Monday, October 15, 2007

First post

Well, what can i say? The first post of the blog. I guess i should just explain why did i choose the name and the direction and focus this blog is heading.

Okay first the name, why did i choose this name? Well, actually, i have no idea, it just came up at the moment. I wanted a name that would not restrict my topics and a cool name, i.e. something with a big 'X' somewhere in the name. So in the end, i came up with the name 'XponentialFactor' (don't ask me why i choose this name).

Okay, now onto the direction and focus of this blog. Well, there isnt a focus or direction that i am aiming for, it will be more of something that i came across and would want to write about it. So it is sort of, anything goes.

You would be asking, why out of the sudden i would want to start a blog? Many reasons i guess. First of all, i want to see what is the big 'Hoo-Haa' about blogging. Never could understand why people would allocate 1 - 2 hours each day just to write some ramble in their blog (i am not a big fan of blogging as you can see). Secondly, i would want to improve my command of english. With all the messaging software like MSN and such, my english is kinda screwy with all those short hand writings. Also i haven't been writing a proper essay or document since my college years.

There are many other reasons that i could think of, but i am not going to keep rambling about it or this first post will never end. So in the end, i hope that you would enjoy reading my blog and there is something for everybody here.

No comments: